Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L Armentrout

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…
----------
First line:
Ten seconds passed between when Daemon Black took his seat and when he poked me under my shoulder blade with his trusty pen.
----------
Format read:
Nook ebook
----------
Rating:
5 stars out of 5
----------
This was an amazing sequel to Obsidian. The construction of Daemon and Katy's romance was stunning. And then there was the introduction to Blake. I hated Blake. His and Katy's relationship had some of the qualities of an abusive relationship. She would get hurt and would lie about how she was hurt. He would purposefully put her in the path of danger. Blake got on my nerves. Though I do see why he's done some of the things he's done, that doesn't mean what he's done is okay. The reasons don't justify the means and ends.
The ending was amazing! I can't wait until December to read Opal!!! Highly recommended

Comments