Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Endings (19)


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
In no particular order.


This Week's Theme:
Top Ten Ending Lines

 Divergent by Veronica Roth
Abnegation and Dauntless are both broken, their members scattered. We are like the factionless now. I do not know what life will be like, separated from a faction—it feels disengaged, like a leaf divided from the tree that gives it sustenance. We are creatures of loss; we have left everything behind. I have no home, no path, and no certainty.
I am no longer Tris, the selfless, or Tris, the brave. I suppose that now, I must become more than either.
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne Collins
I take his hand, holding on tightly, preparing for the cameras, and dreading the moment I will finally have to let go.
Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins
But Gale is not one to keep secrets from me. "Katniss, there is no District Twelve."
Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins
But there are much worse games to play.
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
I do, Agustus.
I do
In the balance of love and loss, it was love that made me struggle to… Breathe.
Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls #4) by Ally Carter
I'll be back. And when I am, I promise I'll have answers.
Anew (The Archers of Avalon #1) by Chelsea Fine
"I know where the fountain is."
And with that, everything went black, cold, and dead. 














Trying Not to Love You (Love #1) by Megan Smith
Then there is a long beep and the blackness finally takes over.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) by J.K. Rowling
The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.

Comments

  1. I really like the ending to Only the Good Spy Young too, and I liked how you had all of the Hunger Games trilogy endings together (I have Mockingjay on my list). I really enjoyed seeing all of them together! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/07/29/lines/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasnt crazy about the way Mockingjay ended, but I surely agree with you about the first two, and of course, about HP! Great list :)

    Amanda @ i solemnly swear

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment