My Reading Pile (8)

 My Reading Pile is a meme hosted by Rachel over at Fiktshun. Every I'll list all the books I've read in the past week and four books I plan on reading over the upcoming week. I hope you enjoy. (The picture above is from Fiktshun)

Last Week:
Read:
 Promise Me Forever (Promise Me #1.5) by Sarah Ashley Jones
THIS IS A FOLLOW UP NOVELLA TO PROMISE ME THIS.

Charlie Jennings and Jhett Hudson knew that a single moment could change everything.

It took them one song to find each other, one question to give them a chance, one kiss to fall in love, and one night to almost lose it all. But they had one thing other couples lack - pure, unconditional love - and that takes more than a moment to walk away from.

Falling in love is only the beginning. Forever is what happens next.

-----------------------
Review coming later today. It's definitely towards the bottom of the pile :/

The Rocker that Holds Me (Rocker #1) by Terri Anne Browning
Touring with four rockers is the thing of dreams…

At least that is what people tell me. To me those four rockers are my family. They have watched over me from the time I was five years old. Protecting me from my mother and her drunken, drug addict rages. When they made it big they still watched over me. And when my monster of a mother died they took over as my guardians.

In the six years since that happened I have watched over the four men that
mean everything to me. I take care of them just as they once took care of me. I handle all the dirty work behind the scenes of a rockers life. It isn’t always pretty. At times it came be damn near disgusting, especially when I have to get rid of their one night stands. Ugh!

Taking care of them doesn’t bother me though. I mean it’s not like I’m in love with one of them. That would be crazy. Falling for a rocker is NOT smart.

Okay, so I’m not smart. I love my guys, and one of them kind of holds my heart in his big old rocker hand. But I’m dealing. I’ve been able to keep it my little secret for years now.
I’m not, however, dealing with this bug that I seem to have caught. It scares the hell out of me. I hate doctors, but I’m suddenly more worried about finding out what is wrong with me than what the doctor might do to me.

When I get my test results back my life will never be the same again…

----------------------------------------
This was a cute short novel. I'm looking forward to reading more in the series.

Before They Find Us by Michelle A. Hansen
I’m going to make you wish you were dead.

Just a text. Seventeen-year-old Rebecca Hales tries not to worry. Probably a wrong number. Not really meant for her, and definitely not related to the crime she witnessed six years ago. Right?

Then two states away, a bomb goes off in her best friend's locker. Soon Ryan is labeled a terrorist and runs to the safest place he knows—Rebecca’s house in small-town Wyoming. It doesn’t take long for the FBI to show up asking questions. Rebecca lies, of course, and says she hasn’t seen him.

Now she's neck-deep in it with him, whatever "it" is. The only way out is to return to Vegas, where Ryan is a wanted man. The city of lies and illusion tests Rebecca’s wits as she struggles to find the person who framed Ryan and why.

Is Rebecca’s text linked to the bombing? And what does it have to do with a six year old murder? Rebecca needs to find out before she loses Ryan—and her own life.

------------------------------------------
I adored this book. Though it ended slightly abruptly. Review linked below :)

Reviewed:
http://gabicreads.blogspot.com/2014/03/promise-me-forever-blog-tour-review-top.htmlhttp://gabicreads.blogspot.com/2014/03/before-they-find-us-blog-tour-review.htmlhttp://gabicreads.blogspot.com/2014/03/every-shattered-thing-by-elora-nicole.html


Upcoming Week: 
A Death-Struck Year by Makiia Lucier
A deadly pandemic, a budding romance, and the heartache of loss make for a stunning coming-of-age teen debut about the struggle to survive during the 1918 flu.

For Cleo Berry, the people dying of the Spanish Influenza in cities like New York and Philadelphia may as well be in another country--that's how far away they feel from the safety of Portland, Oregon. And then cases start being reported in the Pacific Northwest. Schools, churches, and theaters shut down. The entire city is thrust into survival mode--and into a panic. Headstrong and foolish, seventeen-year-old Cleo is determined to ride out the pandemic in the comfort of her own home, rather than in her quarantined boarding school dorms. But when the Red Cross pleads for volunteers, she can't ignore the call. As Cleo struggles to navigate the world around her, she is surprised by how much she finds herself caring about near-strangers. Strangers like Edmund, a handsome medical student and war vet. Strangers who could be gone tomorrow. And as the bodies begin to pile up, Cleo can't help but wonder: when will her own luck run out?

Riveting and well-researched, A Death-Struck Year is based on the real-life pandemic considered the most devastating in recorded world history. Readers will be captured by the suspenseful storytelling and the lingering questions of: what would I do for a neighbor? At what risk to myself?
An afterword explains the Spanish flu phenomenon, placing it within the historical context of the early 20th century. Source notes are extensive and interesting.

---------------------------------------------------
 I can't wait to finish this one!!!

The Story of You and Me by Pamela DuMond
She's driven to save her life. He's haunted by breaking one. Some secrets are risky to share. But nothing's more powerful than falling in love... Nineteen-year-old Sophie has the kind of hope that makes her do weird things—like leave her family and friends behind in her small hometown and travel thousands of miles to a strange city—Los Angeles. She didn’t plan on getting into the middle of a bar fight on the USCLA campus her first night in town. She didn’t want to be rescued by twenty-one-year-old Alejandro, the hottest guy she’s ever met. She has no time to fall for a guy because her stakes are high—life and death. Sophie’s starting a promising, experimental USCLA Medical study that could heal her debilitating disease. But California’s filled with all kinds of alternative healers offering medical miracles. When she ventures on her own to find them, she quickly discovers that L.A.’s a tough city, with bad guys more than happy to take advantage of her. She hires Alejandro to be her driver and her bodyguard. Their journeys take them to sunny beaches, dicey ghettos, campus hang-outs, gang-infested hoods and celebrity parties. And she learns that healing doesn’t always come the way you think you need it. Sophie’s healing is six-foot-two-inches tall, has stunning hazel eyes, black, shiny hair and a rock solid chest that shelters her. Her healing is a smart, gorgeous Alpha Boy with a killer sense of humor—Alejandro. As they fall in love, she realizes Alejandro isn’t your typical college party boy—he has a dangerous past. And Sophie isn’t the only one who keeps secrets. A Story of Hope. A Story of Love. A Story of Redemption. (HEA for Sophie and Alejandro.)
-------------------------------------------
I have a review copy of this one that I need to review in the next couple of weeks. It sounds interesting. I'm all about books with medical stuff in them ;)

Unbreak Me (New Hope #1) by Lexi Ryan
New Adult contemporary romance. Due to sexual content and heavy subject matter, this book is intended for mature readers.

“If you’re broken, I’ll fix you…”

I’m only twenty-one and already damaged goods. A slut. A failure. A disappointment to my picture-perfect family as long as I can remember. I called off my wedding to William Bailey, the only man who thought I was worth fixing. A year later, he’s marrying my sister. Unless I ask him not to…

“If you shatter, I’ll find you…”

But now there’s Asher Logan, a broken man who sees the fractures in my façade and doesn’t want to fix me at all. Asher wants me to stop hiding, to stop pretending. Asher wants to break down my walls. But that means letting him see my ugly secrets and forgiving him for his.

With my past weighing down on me, do I want the man who holds me together or the man who gives me permission to break?

---------------------------------------------
I've read New Hope #1.5 and #2, so I know how the story ends. But you know what they say. "It's not the destination that matters, but the journey." So, I'm reading the journey. I like dark nitty gritty books.


Lost in Me (Here & Now #1) by Lexi Ryan
Lost in Me is the first book in the Here and Now series, a spin-off of the New York Times and USA Today bestselling New Hope series. This sexy amnesia love triangle is intended for mature readers.

~ ~

The last thing I remember is having drinks at Brady’s and trying to avoid eye-contact with my life-long crush—the gorgeous, unattainable Maximilian Hallowell. They tell me that was a year ago, but I have no memories of anything since then. What I do have is this ring on my finger that Max says he gave me, and this much-thinner body I’ve dreamed of most of my life. Aside from a case of retrograde amnesia, everything seems almost...perfect.

But the deeper I immerse myself into this new world of mine—planning a wedding to a man I don't remember dating, attempting to run a business I don't remember starting—the clearer it becomes that nothing is as it seems. Do I have the life I’ve always wanted or is it a facade propped up by secrets I don't even know I have?

I need answers before I marry Max, and the only person who seems to have them is the angry, tatted, sexy-as-sin rocker Nate Crane. And Nate wants me for himself.

~ ~

Lost in Me is not a standalone novel, as the story continues in Here and Now book two, FALL TO YOU, releasing in June.

-----------------------------------------------
I want to see how this ties into the New Hope series. Plus it releases next week, so I'm going to try and review it before it releases.

Comments